Sunday, October 5, 2008

from paper to computer troubles


A week ago I sketched the above building and was pretty excited about it. I imagined gazing out from the top (or middle) balcony out to sea. Then I imagined that I had friends hanging out around the pool grilling burgers. And it was a feel good image so I decided to cultivate the high and try it on SketchUp...

Below are the pictures... but before that, we need some narrative. We need some plebian, grassroots perspective!

Large buildings are complicated. And I find it hard to believe that an entire structure, every last tile and window and pipe and faucet and doo doo boy could be accounted for in the mind of one architect. It's possible... But knowing every square inch of my naked body seems hard already.

So the question is, do buildings evolve? When these large structures go from paper sketches to drawings do they morph into something that can actually be? From my limited experience which is basically this poor building, the sketch seems pretty foreign compared to the SketchUp models.

Disclaimer: I'm not very happy with these pictures below but I can't siphon the junk from the trunk. What I'm trying to say is you've gotta see me tone those pecs over time. No. Check that, what I actually mean is, you have to see me naked. Psychologically naked.

Not my best and hardly complete:

No comments: