Sunday, October 19, 2008

again! it's all so familiar!

I wrote a post called "modern house deja vu" earlier this month and timidly asserted that modern houses look the same. And this was further affirmed just minutes ago as one of the "blogs I like" posted their "Best Moco Architecture this Week." Here are a few of their favorites:









I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of people comment about these pictures (on other blogs) saying, "I want to live there! Cool!" Do you agree with their feelings? I'm not quite sold yet. When will this delight wear off?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. I don't understand the appeal that these shapeless, characterless and aesthetically unpleasing places have. Perhaps it's just an architectural fad.

richbruiser said...

Hey, I've seen these designs before. They're called "deer blinds."

Dave W said...

Dirty south!