Saturday, September 27, 2008

a lasting conception part 2


As promised, a meek attempt at showing you my idea of "lastingness." Here are some sketches. However stupid this sounds, the idea is this: if a fat cat five tornado rolled on through, it'd be a special thing (for me at least) to see those walls still holding.

It's elemental. Fundamental. I tried to capture a grassroots simplicity in the layout. Simple and strong, at least that's how I imagined it. A lot can be said on this topic of lasting structures and I promise more will surely come. I'll look around for real buildings that exhibit this quality I'm talking about.

But for now, since this blog is about my architectural meanderings, have a look at the Google SketchUp rendering of those drawing. It's pretty simple but needs more thought as far as room layouts goes and plenty more... But I think it begins to touch on what I had hoped to discuss.

1 comment:

katy said...

i like that bottom left drawing. it looks like an innovative set of cubicles. you should try and draw some badass office space, since office space is usually horribly ugly and depressing... i'd like to see that!